ABOUT THE POSITION
SwarmOnline provide web and mobile app development and consultancy services to a broad range of industries and clients, many of which are household names. We’re looking to expand our team in Glasgow and Edinburgh with a sharp, talented and technical individual.
Consider the following:
Does the thought of enterprise solutions float your boat? How about the terms cloud computing and horizontal scalability? Working with new frameworks & technologies and the opportunity to work on the full stack? This one’s for you. Keep reading.
The team you’ll be working with is great and unsurprisingly, so is the package! Upon joining us, we’ll ensure you’re working on the latest and greatest tech, you’ll be competitively paid and given generous leave. And, it’s not just about now! Over and above all that we’ll work with you to develop your skills to help you progress in your career.
Role Responsibilty and Skills Required
We need someone to help us create and deliver a variety of web and mobile applications to the device agnostic web.
As a minimum you’re going to need to be able to demonstrate that you possess computing and programming skills – so ensure you apply with the programming languages you know. We’ll be looking for knowledge of databases too.
Eventually you’ll be working with a range of technologies, but extra brownie points might be awarded if you’ve developed using any of the following:
- Front end technologies such as React, React Native and Ext JS
- Hybrid app containers such as Cordova/PhoneGap
- Back end technologies such as NodeJS, .NET, PHP
- Cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services
- NoSQL and SQL database technologies
- Agile development methodologies
- Minimum Honours Degree in Computing Science or related discipline
- Logical thinker
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Works well within a team and as an individual
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Fun and inspiring working environment
- Chance to develop and expand your creative abilities
- Training opportunities (e.g. development)
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Private medical cover
- Company pension scheme
- Work with a range of clients (both large and small)
- Help shape the future of the company
- Excellent holidays
- Drinks and snacks
- Bar in both offices
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Glasgow or Edinburgh
Start Date: 2019
Salary: £20k – £25k