ABOUT THE POSITION
SwarmOnline are world leaders and recognised industry experts in mobile and web technologies. Building cutting-edge web and mobile solutions; we have the skills and expertise that add serious value to enterprises in any industry, whether it’s for a global utilities company like E.ON or a local property management company. We’re looking to expand our team in Glasgow and Edinburgh with sharp, talented and technical individuals.
Consider the following:
We are looking for a talented Developer to join our growing team. You’ll get involved with the design and development of web and mobile-based solutions in a variety of technologies and frameworks for the device agnostic web.
The team you’ll be working with is great and unsurprisingly, so is the package! Upon joining us, we’ll ensure you’re working on the latest and greatest tech, you’ll be competitively paid and given generous leave. And, it’s not just about now! Over and above all that, we’ll work with you to develop your skills to help you progress in your career.
As a minimum you’re going to need to be able to demonstrate that you possess computing and programming skills – so ensure you apply with the programming languages you know. We’ll be looking for knowledge of databases too and any DevOps knowledge is a bonus!
You’ll be working with a range of technologies and extra brownie points might be awarded if you’ve developed using any of the following:
- Back end technologies such as NodeJS and .NET
- Understanding of the technology underlying the web and experience integrating with RESTful APIs and WebSockets
- Knowledge of relational databases such as MS SQL, MySQL or PostgreSQL, with some experience of NoSQL databases
- Ability to realise designs using CSS/SASS including the use of CSS3 techniques
- Experience of using source control tools (Git) and issue-tracking software (JIRA)
- Cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services
- Some experience with Continuous Integration (CI) Tools
- Some experience of working in both Waterfall and Agile software development teams
- Minimum Honours Degree in Computing Science (related discipline) or relevant experience.
- Logical thinker
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Works well within a team and as an individual
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Fun and inspiring working environment
- Chance to develop and expand your creative abilities
- Training opportunities (e.g. development)
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Private medical cover
- Company pension scheme
- Work with a range of clients (both large and small)
- Help shape the future of the company
- Excellent holidays
- Drinks and snacks
- Bar in both offices
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: Immediate