ABOUT THE POSITION
Are you a driven, creative and passionate Developer with a thirst to learn and grow? Looking to further your career within a dynamic team of experts in mobile and web technologies?
SwarmOnline are looking for a talented Developer to join our growing team of sharp, talented and technical individuals. Based in Edinburgh but working remotely to begin with, you’ll get involved with the design and development of web and mobile-based solutions in a variety of technologies and frameworks for the device agnostic web.
SwarmOnline are specialists in software solutions for mobile, web, enterprise and cloud. We create innovative technology that solves real business challenges. Fancy developing apps for Shell, Scottish Widows, E.On or Panasonic? These are just a few of the blue-chip customers that Swarm creates software for.
Working as a Developer in the Swarm team will give you the opportunity to help us create and deliver a variety of web and mobile applications to the device agnostic web. Naturally, you will need to be able to demonstrate that you possess computing and programming skills. Please ensure you state the programming languages you know when you apply. We’ll be looking for knowledge of databases too and any DevOps knowledge is a bonus!
You’ll be working with a range of technologies and extra brownie points might be awarded if you’ve developed using any of the following:
- Back end technologies such as NodeJS and .NET
- Understanding of the technology underlying the web and experience integrating with RESTful APIs and WebSockets
- Knowledge of relational databases such as MS SQL, MySQL or PostgreSQL, with some experience of NoSQL databases
- Ability to realise designs using CSS/SASS including the use of CSS3 techniques
- Experience of using source control tools (Git) and issue-tracking software (JIRA)
- Cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services and MS Azure
- Some experience with Continuous Integration (CI) Tools
- Some experience of working in both Waterfall and Agile software development teams
- Minimum Honours Degree in Computing Science (related discipline) or relevant experience.
- Logical thinker
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Works well within a team and as an individual
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Fun and inspiring working environment
- Chance to develop and expand your creative abilities
- Keep Learning – Individual training budget to expand your learning or to attend conferences and events.
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Private medical cover
- Company pension scheme
- Work with a range of clients (both large and small)
- Help shape the future of the company
- Excellent holidays
- Flexible working
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Central belt, Scotland
Start Date: Immediate