Learning diagnostic tools that helps users understand their approach to learning.
Learning Power Platform seeks to help participants around the world, through the use of the learning diagnostic tools, to understand their approach to learning. It provides a clever, interactive interface to collect and analyse data which supports them in improving their ability to learn over a 2-4 month improvement cycle.
- React JS
In 2002 a team of researchers identified the seven dimensions of ‘learning power’ which enable people to learn. The team developed a survey tool giving people their strengths and weaknesses as learners.
In 2017 Learning Emergence approached SwarmOnline to help them take their 17 years of research and 20,000+ survey responses to the next level with modern technology, innovative delivery and engaging applications for all ages.
The main output of our engagement is a new product called “Learning Power.” It’s an application that is used by learners, tutors and educational institutions to help learners understand their approach to learning and empower them to bring about change with both self-assessment and facilitated learning journeys.
- The multilingual application is deployed in schools and universities across the globe and is used by a range of age groups from 7 upwards.
- SwarmOnline developed the User Experience through a series of Innovation Sessions & Product Bootcamps.
- The solution was developed using web technologies including, a React.JS front-end with Objection, Express and Knex inside a Node.JS backend.
- The solution is deployed to AWS and has been architected to be robust and horizontally scalable.
- Elements of gamification were applied throughout the user experience such as: progress and achievements recognition, friendly graphics, use of intelligent commentary by a ‘bot’ and progression through the various stages of the journey within the app.